Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chelsea Galleries Reaction

Last Tuesday I had went to the Chelsea Galleries. Unlike the MoMa the works of art that I had viewed were being sold due to the fact that it was a marketplace. There were many works I found to be interesting, confusing and some what not appealing. The one artist work that I did not like was Cindy Sherman/Metro Pictures. I didn't really like the works just because it was to realistic. I didnt like the use of real people and photographs. I found it to be kind of boring and didn't real keep me interested. These works of art would not be something I would invest my money on or display. Unlike the Cindy Sherman exhibit I enjoyed the Greene Naftali by Rachel Harrison a lot more. There was more creativeness going on with these works of art. They were colorful and some what random due to the fact that certain objects were placed together that you wouldn't normally put together in a piece. It really kept my attention and I would definitely invest in somethings like this.

Cindy Sherman

"Untitled"

2002



Rachel Harrison

"Lay of the Land"

2008

No comments:

Post a Comment